17 May 2021
SECOS NEW MALAYSIAN PLANT UPDATE
- SECOS completes installation of new biopolymer compounding line at its existing Malaysian facility which will double resin capacity.
- New bag and film assets are being installed at its new Malaysian facility with production trials for initial qualification expected within weeks.
- SECOS is on track to produce first commercial volumes from the new plant in September quarter 2021.
- Expansion set to increase bag capacity by half a billion bags by March quarter 2022, effectively doubling existing capacity.
- The Malaysia expansion coupled with the recent Chinese expansion has added sufficient capacity to supply addition sales of $25 million per year to the Group.